- Challengers can register from September 13th to October 24th.
- Participants must be 18 years or older.
- Participants must live or work in TransOptions’ service area. TransOptions services Morris, Warren and Sussex Counties, as well as the suburban areas of Essex, Union and Passaic Counties.
Other eligible municipalities:
- Essex: Fairfield, Livingston, Millburn, Roseland, West Caldwell, Short Hills.
- Union: Berkeley Heights, Murray Hill, New Providence, Summit.
- Passaic: Bloomingdale, Little Falls, Pompton Lakes, Ringwood, Totawa, Wanaque, Wayne, West Milford, West Paterson.
Counting switched trips:
- All one-way bike, walk and carpool trips count as long as they replace a trip that you would normally drive alone. Recreational walks or bike rides do not count.
- Example: If you normally drive alone to the grocery store, but instead decide to ride there and back, that's two trips!
- Be sure to log your miles as well. While TripSwitch rewards more frequent trips, miles will be used for tie breakers among grand prize winners. Plus, by collecting miles traveled, we can determine total impact of the competition by tracking emissions saved!