- Registration is from September 18th to October 24th
- Participants have to be 18 years or older
- We prefer that challengers live or work in TransOptions’ service area. Check out the municipalities in our service area on the list below or on our interactive map!
Municipalities (by County):
- Morris, Sussex, and Warren: All Municipalities
- Essex: Fairfield, Livingston, Millburn, Roseland, West Caldwell, Short Hills
- Union: Berkeley Heights, Murray Hill, New Providence, Summit
- Passaic: Bloomingdale, Little Falls, Pompton Lakes, Ringwood, Totowa, Wanaque, Wayne, West Milford, Woodland Park
Counting switched trips:
- All one-way bike, walk and carpool trips count as long as they replace a trip that you would normally drive alone. Recreational walks or bike rides do not count.
- Example: If you normally drive alone to the grocery store, but instead decide to ride there and back, that's two trips!
- Be sure to log your miles as well. While TripSwitch rewards more frequent trips, miles will be used for tie breakers among grand prize winners. Plus, by collecting miles traveled, we can determine total impact of the competition by tracking emissions saved!
- Although TransOptions will be closely monitoring the activity of all participants, we will depend on the integrity of everyone to log in accurate information